The Moscow Academic Art School was founded in 1925 on the basis of the Order of the Moscow Professional Association of Educational Institutions Workers dated December 22, 1925, No. 49. At the initiative of the Ministry of Culture of the RSFSR in 1966, the first in our country training of art restorers in a state educational institution began in Moscow. MAHU trains specialists in the following areas: Restoration, Design, Sculpture, Painting (by type): easel painting, theatrical and decorative painting. The state program provides for the training of one group of students in two specialties. The restoration department of the school is taught by practicing practitioners from Moscow museums and research centers. Many graduates of the MAHU Restoration Department have become leading specialists in their field and work in almost all museums and restoration centers in Russia.